17 December 2003

Conspiracy Against My Religion

While it's no secret to my friends that I am a member of the Church of Scientology. I don't believe I mentioned it here in a post on my blog, which I wanted to keep mostly about my viewpoints of all things feminine, and also post some links that are about my religion. However, while browsing around and reading up on the effects of Aspartame (because my cousin, a diabetic, is growing dependent on aspartame), I found this great website on conspiracies: http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/conspiracy.htm. I feel now, I should "come out of the closet" and write a post directly about my struggle with the opposition against my religion.

This website features a whole section on the conspiracy against my religion (http://members.austarmetro.com.au/~hubbca/scientology.htm)as a concerted effort to suppress the population by eliminating groups like Scientologists, whose purpose is to help man improve conditions in his life. The website opens with a quote from an article by James P. Carter, MD, Dr PH.

"The Church of Scientology was on the "hit-list" of the AMA's [American Medical Association's] Co-ordinating Committee on Health Information (CCHI). From documents obtained during disclosure in the case of the chiropractors versus the AMA, the CCHI engaged in covert activities designed to eliminate or neutralise the efforts of Scientology and the founder, L. Ron Hubbard, whom the AMA considered to be working against their interests."

The article later documents the efforts of groups like Time magazine to squash the Church because of the Church's efforts to raise public awareness and expose the crimes of psychiatry and the drug industry.

The author further states "Although I am not a follower of Scientology, my observations of Scientology members would have me agree with Marvin Bordelon, President of the American Conference on Religious Movements: 'The Scientologists we are privileged to know are sincere, dedicated human beings, who are striving hard for the betterment of all'.

"I would also agree with the Reverend Dean M. Kelley, Counselor on Religious Liberty for the National Council on Churches, when he said, "I have found them [Scientologists] to be earnest, enterprising, public-spirited and committed people". Bravo to them for taking on legal drug merchants."

In all my encounters, I've got to say this about the website: Finally, somebody understands!

A religious scholar once said on the radio that a new religion generally takes 100 years to become accepted. Scientology has been in existance since the early 50's and so is half way there. Yet, sometimes, I feel that we are getting nowhere. The media continues or tries to crucify us with lies or convenient misrepresentations. Our struggles continue to be struggles, however, they are now at a different degree. To see an investigator such as the author of this website spend the time to document and make public what we Scientologists have been struggling against the past few decades, brings me great joy and comfort. Our presence obviously is beginning to show if an investigator from Australia (I believe) can see through the propaganda the obvious hidden agenda of these corporate institutions. This makes me truly feel "we're half way there".