14 December 2003

Christmas Shopping Gone Me

I did a bit of damage today doing Christmas shopping. First, I decided to go to the mall to get my glasses fixed, unfortunately, the doctor wasn't available, so I decided to do some Christmas shopping.

First, I headed off to buy a watch for my daddy. Then, I decided to use up my Victoria's Secret coupons and bought 1 panty for $12.00 just so I can get a free one. So I essentially paid 6 bucks for a panty, when I otherwise would've had to pay $12. If I didn't love retail so much, I would just be quite annoyed. Heck, what am I saying? I'm quite annoyed. That's why I always by retail on sale or special, like buy 1 get 1 free.

Anyway, after that, my cousin took me to see the cute doggies in display by the pet store. They were too adorable.

Then, we went hunting for a mango flavoured lip gloss for his girlfriend. We settled on the pretty smelling Lancome Juicy Tubes. He got two. While he was paying, I wandered over to the eye shadow section and got myself entraptured by the multitude of new colours this season. The lovely sales rep happily tried on colours for me, which looked fabulous, so, I bought all them for myself. Bill came up to more than it should, given that Christmas is about giving others not myself.

That's my downfall: retail. Unless I exercise magnanimous discipline, my Christmas shopping always become ME.